If you can no longer travel due to the death or illness of yourself, an accompanying passenger or immediate family member, please contact Hopper support at least 24 hours before departure. We will need to cancel the flights in order to avoid the tickets being marked as "no-show" by the airline.
In order to request a free change to your booking or request a refund with the airline, you will need to provide official documentation (e.g. Official doctor's certificate or death certificate).
- For death in the family: Airlines will only consider an official death certificate for immediate family members.
- For emergency medical situations: Airlines will only consider documents that are signed and typed on an official hospital letterhead, explaining the patient's diagnosis. The document must include doctor's name and signature.
- Refunds and waived fees are always at the discretion of the airline and never guaranteed.
- If you're flying with American Airlines or United Airlines, you can apply for a courtesy refund via their website. See How to apply for a refund with American Airlines and How to apply for a refund with United Airlines
- If you're flying with a low cost carrier such as Spirit or Ryan Air, you'll need to contact the airline directly.