Looking to add insurance? Don’t stress - get covered. Hopper now offers travel insurance through AON on bookings originating from the U.S.A! Ease the stress of travel by protecting yourself from the following frustrating situations when covered:
- Your trip is cancelled or cut short out of your control
- You have unexpected medical costs
- Your flight is delayed by more than 6 hours
- Your baggage gets lost in transit
Do I need travel insurance?
We always recommend adding travel insurance to your booking. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to predict whether or not something unfortunate will come up that impacts your travel plans. Travel insurance helps alleviate some of those concerns. If you are traveling abroad, having medical protection is very important as many health insurance providers do not cover expenses outside of the U.S. Many countries now even require that you have medical coverage before entering the country.
Is Hopper a travel insurance provider?
No, Hopper is not a licensed insurance provider. We offer travel insurance through AON, a licensed insurance provider.
Good to know
- Please note that travel insurance cannot be purchased over the phone or email but when available, you can add travel insurance to your booking before completing the purchase in the app. Unfortunately, we cannot add insurance to your booking once the booking has been completed.
- Please note that Trip Protection is a different product Hopper's Cancel For Any Reason Protection (CFAR). For more information about CFAR, click here.
- For any questions or claims related to your insurance, please reach out to AON.