Scanning your card
Hopper has a great feature that allows you to add your card information using your phone camera, rather than typing out all the pesky numbers. If you are having trouble using this feature try the steps below:
- Ensure there is adequate lighting for the camera to function.
- Make sure there aren't any smudges on the camera lens.
- Move any objects that are obscuring the camera.
If you are still having difficulties, then you can add your card details by typing them into the boxes.
- Double-check the postal or ZIP code associated to the card. This is the info that is most often incorrect!
- Contact your bank or credit card provider to ensure that there are sufficient funds on the card.
- Contact your credit card provider to add Hopper as a pre-authorized merchant.
🛑There is a limit of 8 attempts per day to add a payment method. If you've reached the limit, you will have to wait for 24 hours before making another attempt. We set this maximum to protect both our users and ourselves from fraudulent purchases and identity theft.