What is Price Freeze?
Never miss out on a flight deal again with Hopper’s new Price Freeze feature! Using Price Freeze, you can freeze a flight deal to hold that price for a short window (1 - 7 days) so that you can come back to book it at a more convenient time.
Simply pay a small deposit to freeze the price on Hopper. You’ll be able to use this full deposit towards any flight booked through Hopper within your Price Freeze window.
How do I buy a Price Freeze?
When available for the flight you’re looking to book, you’ll be offered a Price Freeze both after you’ve selected your itinerary and also just before swiping to pay.
If you decide to opt-in, you’ll be able to review the price that you’ve frozen, as well as the total amount to pay at that time. Simply “Swipe to Freeze” and you’ll receive a confirmation email indicating the details of your Price Freeze.
How much is the deposit to freeze a price?
The deposit price varies between $1 to $40 depending on variables such as the route, availability, and demand levels. You’ll be reimbursed your full deposit when you book that flight, or any flight, on Hopper within your Price Freeze window.
How long can a price be frozen?
You can freeze your price for up to seven days. You'll get to determine how long you’d like to freeze the price for during the purchase process.
How do I use my Price Freeze?
If you've purchased a Price Freeze, you'll receive a confirmation email indicating the details of the itinerary that you have frozen a price for, as well as the expiration time (in Eastern Standard Time) of the Price Freeze. If you decide to go ahead and book the flights before the expiration time is up, here's what to do:
- Head to your watches and tap the trip that you've purchased a Price Freeze for.
- Continue with the booking process and purchase your flight at the current shown price.
- If the price has increased, our support team will reach out to you to process a refund of the difference in price shortly after you book.
- If the price happens to have decreased, simply book at the lower price - you won’t have to pay the higher frozen price in that case!
Getting a booking error while trying to book using your Price Freeze?
No worries, we've got you covered! Contact our support team via chat and they'd be happy to help sort this out with you! From the main chat options, click on "Price Freeze." Our support bot RoboBear will help get you started and then put you in touch with an agent to take a look at your request. 😊
Good to know
- *Your Price Freeze may be subject to a refund upper limit. Hopper will cover a maximum price difference of the threshold communicated to you for your booking (when applicable). You can find the threshold details for your Price Freeze in your confirmation email under "Price Differences and Deposit Refunds."
- Price Freeze is currently only available on iOS devices.
- The frozen price is valid only for the number of passengers indicated at the time of purchasing a Price Freeze.
- If you decide not to book, the Price Freeze will simply expire at the indicated time and no further action is required. Please note that the Price Freeze fee is nonrefundable.
- Refunds for price differences will be processed via PayPal.
- Please note that Price Freeze does not guarantee availability, as seats may sell out after freezing the price. Purchasing a Price Freeze guarantees that Hopper will reimburse you any difference in fare cost if the price of the flight you're looking to purchase increases during that 48-hour period.
- Terms and Conditions can be viewed here.