What is Price Freeze?
See a great deal on a flight you've been watching, but you aren't quite ready to purchase? Check out our Price Freeze feature!
For only $5 USD per passenger, you can freeze the current price of a flight for 48 hours. This way, if the price of the flight goes up while you're waiting to finalize your plans, we'll reimburse you the difference if you book!
How do I buy a Price Freeze?
When available for the flight you’re looking to book, you’ll be offered a Price Freeze both after you’ve selected your itinerary and also just before swiping to pay.
If you decide to opt-in, you’ll be able to review the price that you’ve frozen, as well as the total amount to pay at that time ($5USD per traveler). Simply “Swipe to Freeze” and you’ve received a confirmation email indicating the details of your Price Freeze.
How do I use my Price Freeze?
If you've purchased a Price Freeze, you'll receive a confirmation email indicating the details of the itinerary that you have frozen a price for, as well as the expiration time (in Eastern Standard Time) of the Price Freeze. If you decide to go ahead and book the flights before the expiration time is up, here's what to do:
- Head to your "Watch" tab in the app (binoculars icon) to access the trip that you've purchased a Price Freeze for.
- Continue with the booking process and purchase your flight at the current shown price.
- If the price has increased, our support team will reach out to you to process a refund of the difference in price shortly after you book.
- If the price happens to have decreased, simply book at the lower price--you won’t have to pay the higher frozen price in that case!
What happens if I don’t use my Price Freeze?
If you decide not to book, the Price Freeze will simply expire at the indicated time and no further action is required. Please note that the $5 USD per passenger fee is nonrefundable.
Good to know
- Price Freeze is currently only available on iOS devices.
- The frozen price is valid only for the number of passengers indicated at the time of purchasing a Price Freeze.
- Refunds for price differences will be processed via PayPal.
- Please note that Price Freeze does not guarantee availability, as seats may sell out after freezing the price. Purchasing a Price Freeze guarantees that Hopper will reimburse you any difference in fare cost if the price of the flight you're looking to purchase increases during that 48-hour period.
- Terms and Conditions can be viewed here