Depending on the booking, you may either select your seats directly in the app or with the airline. If seat selection isn't available in the app for your booking, you can often select your seats directly with the airline you're flying with.
When seat selection is available in the app:
After choosing your travelers for the flight, you'll be able to select your seats during the check-out process before swiping to pay. Any fees that the airline might charge for pre-selection of seating on the flight will be shown directly on the seat map of the aircraft. In the case that there is a fee for the selected seat, it will be charged in the booking total.
If seat selection is not available for your airline directly in the app:
Each airline handles seat selection differently, but you should be able to view your options by managing your booking on the airline's website. Depending on your airline's policies for your fare, you airline could offer:
- Advanced seat selection
- Seat selection at check-in
- Seats automatically assigned by the airline
- Preferred seats for a fee
Good to know
- Seat selection may not always be available, as some airlines only assign seats at the gate.
- While the ability to select your seats may be offered by the airline, they may charge a fee to do so.
- Seat selection is not permitted for basic economy bookings and you will often not be able to sit next to accompanying passengers on your ticket for these fares. For more information about this, please see your airline's website.
- Should you choose to cancel a booking in which you paid for seats, any potential refund for the seat costs will be determined by the airline. You'll receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of cancellation confirming whether your seats are eligible for a refund or not.