⚠️Travelers: Please note that we are experiencing an extremely high volume of customers contacting us due to COVID-19 travel advisories and response times will be significantly longer than usual.
To Cancel Your Flight
If you have requested a cancellation, please rest assured that your cancellation is being processed in our queue and may take up to 15 business days for processing. Do not worry if your departure date has already passed or if the airline says your flight is cancelled. It will not affect your cancellation outcome, as long as you submitted your request before your scheduled departure. The value of your ticket is safe and you will receive the full amount offered by the airline. Hopper never charges any customer service fees for these transactions.
If you have a future flight that is still confirmed with the airline and has not yet been cancelled, Hopper recommends that you wait until closer to departure, as the airline may end up cancelling this booking in the future. In the case that your booking does end up getting cancelled, you may be eligible for a full refund from the airline. If your airline has not yet issued a policy for your booking and you still wish to cancel, please note that the airline's normal penalties and restrictions will apply at the time of cancellation.
How to cancel your trip from the app:
- First try and manage your booking on the airline's website and attempt your cancellation there. For a list of links to airline policies, please click here.
- If you're unable to request a cancellation from the airline's website, you can submit a cancellation request directly from your trip in the app. Tap on the trip you'd like to cancel, scroll down to the bottom of the trip details, tap "Cancel My Trip" and then follow the steps to request your cancellation.
- After requesting a cancellation through the app, Hopper will follow up with you via email within 15 business days with next steps.
Need help? See Cancelling Your Flight
To Change Your Flight
Due to Covid-19, many airlines are waiving change fees to offer some more flexibility to reschedule your trip. If you would like to make a change to your itinerary, please note that Hopper must follow the airline's fare rules for the change. You should be able to find your airline's current policy by managing your booking on the airline's website. If the airline is offering to waive any penalties, please prepare potential dates for re-booking your travel according to the airline's policy coverage before requesting a change via the app.
How to change your trip from the app:
- First try and manage your booking on the airline's website and attempt your change there. For a list of links to airline policies, please click here.
- If you're unable to request a change from the airline's website, you can submit a change request directly from your trip in the app. Tap on the trip you'd like to cancel, scroll down to the bottom of the trip details, tap "Change My Trip" and then follow the steps to request your change.
- After requesting a change through the app, Hopper will follow up with you via email with next steps.
Need help? See Changing Your Flight
If you've booked with a Low-Cost Carrier such as Spirit Airlines or Frontier, the booking is managed directly by the airline and you’ll need to contact them to request any changes or cancellations. If you have have been offered refund from a low-cost carrier, please note that it can take 1-2 weeks for the refund to post back to your account. For these bookings, your Hopper confirmation code will usually begin with a "Z-" (example Z-ABCDEFG).
To Cancel Your Hotel Reservation
If you would like to cancel your hotel reservation, please use the "Contact Support" option on your trip in the app and then select the "Cancel Booking" option. You may be asked to fill out cancellation form that we will send to you in a message. We will collect your request for cancellation and contact our partners to request if a refund is available. Please note that it may take up to 2 months to finalize any potential refunds. We are prioritizing each request by on check-in date, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.