If you're looking to change your booking for any reason, you may want to purchase Hopper's Flexible Dates Plan! Change your flight for any reason up until 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure and depending on your plan, Hopper will cover all or some of the cost of your new itinerary - no questions asked.
How do I make a change?
If you need to change your itinerary, open the Hopper app and tap on your trip. On the bottom of the trip summary screen, tap on “Change My Flight." Choose and confirm your new flights directly from the app! Your old itinerary will be cancelled and a new trip will appear in the app with your new itinerary.
Am I able to change my flight to any date?
With a Flexible Dates Plan, you can change your trip dates up to one (1) year before or after your original scheduled departure date. The new dates can be booked with any airline offered in the app.
What is covered under my Flexible Dates Plan?
Depending on the plan you've purchased, Hopper will cover some or all of the cost of your new flight if you need to change your itinerary. Please note that Hopper does not cover any additional costs outside of the flight change. The refund amount will be based on the terms of the Flexible Dates Plan that you purchased at the time of booking.
Are there any restrictions?
There are some restrictions:
- You must choose the same fare class as your original flight - basic or regular economy, for example.
- Your new flight must be to the same destination airport as your original flight.
- You must book your entire new itinerary, including outbound and return flights. Changes to just outbound or inbound flights are not available at this time.
Good to know
- Please note that the Flexible Dates Plan is not travel insurance and is only available for select bookings in the app.
- When available, the cost to add a Flexible Dates Plan varies depending on the trip that you're booking, but pricing will always be displayed before completing your purchase in the app.
- Please note that the fee to add Flexible Dates Plan to your booking is nonrefundable, even in the case that you cancel your flight within the free cancellation window or if your flight is cancelled by the airline.
- Qualified changes include only changes to the date and/or time of a flight and/or airline in the booking. When re-booking your new itinerary, you may not change: (i) the origin or destination airport; (ii) the one-way or round-trip nature of a booking; or (iii) the fare class.
- If you cancel and re-book your itinerary, Hopper will not refund any extra costs or fees associated with your original booking. This includes but is not limited to seat selection costs, fare class upgrade costs, and baggage fees.